Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

7/12/10

City Girl: Meet Kim

Where are you from? Where were you born? What ethnicity are you?
I'm from Illinois. I was born in a suburb of Illinois. I'm African American.

Can you tell us about the culture/city life of your city?

The city I live in is not very big. It's a safe neighborhood with a lot of restaurants and shopping. During the warmer months there are always a lot of outdoor activities going on in the downtown area (festivals, etc..)I love the city I live in. I didn't care too much for it when I was younger, but I've grown to love and appreciate it. it's a wonderful place to be.

What made you go natural?
I'd been getting perms since I was around five years old. I started hating perms when I was in junior high school because I burned all the time...very painful. It was as if going to the hairshop was more of a chore than a privilege. I hated being there. One day I was watching Dreamgirls. In the movie they show a picture of Beyonce with an afro, I decided right then that I wanted an afro and that I'd never get my hair permed again.


What are your plans for life?

Once I graduate college in a couple of years, I want to go into childcare. I want to travel the world, and help out the less fortunate... and, eventually, have a family.

Leave us with some words of wisdom:

Take life day by day. Enjoy it, and be yourself...always (I know, cliche, but I still find those words very useful).


No comments:

Post a Comment