Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

2/13/11

Good news for the single ladies, especially on Valentine's Day.

On the eve of Valentine's Day I think about all the time I spent searching for real love and I become disgusted at myself. As a teenager I always had a love interest. I carried this ridiculous habit into my twenties. As I watched people around me get married and have children I began to slightly panic. I soon began to quote a line that I heard from a movie:

"I've been dating since I was 15 years old, I'm tired, WHERE IS HE?"

I slowly began to let my single status lead me into a deep depression. To cure my feelings I would ignorantly watch movies like "The Notebook" or listen to love songs. 

I soon began to battle with the spirit of rejection. I led myself to believe that since I was single I was rejected by men, which soon evolved into me believing that I was rejected by everyone. 

After YEARS of feeling this way I heard a message about being present in the season that you're in. I knew that I really wanted to be happy with where I was in my life. 

And then it happened.,

A rhema word. I had read this scripture before, but now it made sense.

"A single woman cares for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit." 
1 Corinthians 7:34

Freedom.

As a Christian, I have never wanted to have a surface relationship with Christ. I always wanted to go deeper. Why was I able to ignore this scripture all those years? I kept justifying my want to be married with scripture, but there is a joy that comes along with being single. As a single woman I should care about the things of the Lord, how I can please Him. I should also focus on being holy in my body and my spirit. That is what He requires from me. 

I have once been a victim of hating Valentine's Day. One year I referred to it on my facebook status as "Reminder That You're Single Day". But this year is different. I have responded to the love that has always been around me. I have accepted God's love and what He requires from me at this season in my life. What can be greater than this?

Happy Valentine's Day!

"Whoever does not love, does not know God, because God is love."
1 John 4:8


1 comment:

  1. that quote came from Sex and the City, the show, not the movie :)

    ReplyDelete