Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

1/16/11

I'll be your Coretta, if you be my King...

On this day not only do I celebrate the life & legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., but I also celebrate the love that was shared between him and Coretta. Enjoy!

Let's commit ourselves to each other before God and our loved ones.

Let's have babies.


And more babies.

Let's march for our freedom together.



Let's display our love for others to see.




And even in your death I will love you...


But we will be together again...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a chance to visit the King center in Atlanta a few years ago. Here are a few pics:



The actual house that Dr. King was BORN in!



I made a wish at the  monument of The Kings...


What did I wish for? To finish the work that Dr. King started.

Happy MLK Day folks!

3 comments:

  1. I remember visiting the Civil Rights Museum with you during the Sankofa trip. I specifically remember how moved YOU were and how strong your desire and passion were to continue that work. I was moved and challenged and encouraged just by watching you in that moment. Don't lose that - you are a gift and you are made to change lives. And don't let you desire for a relationship stand in the way of you fulfilling these desires you have. I have seen so many women fall into that trap but I know that you are stronger than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behind every strong or successful man there is a woman working behind the scenes.

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww thanks Janelle for the encouraging words :)

    ReplyDelete