Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

10/17/10

Vegetarian Challenge - Can I do it?



A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of the processed chicken that is being served to us at majority of fast food restaurants. In case you missed the pic, here it is:


I almost threw up in my mouth. Anyway, ever since I've seen this image, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I had a salad from McDonald's and I had to take the grilled chicken off. I used to always get chicken sandwiches, but all I can think about is the image above. After more research and discussions, turns out a lot of the meat we eat is fake. I plan on doing more research, but in the meantime my good friend Briana and I decided to challenge ourselves like we always do. We are attempting to be vegetarians for one month, starting October 18, 2010. I have done this before, but it was only for one week. I'm nervous, yet excited. I really want to do this the right way, and not just eat junk and justify it by saying "Well at least I'm not eating meat". So this is my cry for help. If any of you lovely people know of any tips and recipes that will help me, please feel free to share. One whole month without meat, I wonder if I can do it!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! And if you have meat cravings there are some wonderful substitutes out there like Morningstar Farms Crumbles. I use them for tacos, chilli beans,quesadillas and much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the MSF original chickn patties are my fav. To me they taste just like chicken, my fav meal is a salad with a chikn patty sliced on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Morning Star products are really good. Trader Joes meatless corn dogs are yummy too! I also like Boca burgers. I did this type of challenge last year for a friend and only ate fish. It went well and I have been thinking lately that I can do it permanently. When I went back to meat, I felt so heavy and weighed down. Wish you the best on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - followed you here from BGLH. Try Textured Vegetable Protein, for sloppy joes, you won't miss the meat!. I've been a vegetarian for about 6 months now, I've posted a number of easy tasty recipes on my blog too.

    http://sofullsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the snopes article regarding this image: http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

    ReplyDelete