Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

10/25/10

I've been a vegetarian for one whole week!

It's official: I'm a vegetarian! Well, at least for one week now. Due to the fact that I'm still eating dairy products and had some tilapia the other day, my sister says I'm really not a vegetarian, but I say no chicken means I'm a vegetarian! Shoot, baby steps people!

What I'm learning: It's not that hard, but you must have a plan. I find myself planning out meals, so I won't be tempted to eat meat out of convenience. If I don't have plenty of veggies and fruits nearby, then I will defeat my purpose. I ate way too much cheese pizza and Southwest Salads with no chicken from McDonald's. I went grocery shopping last night, so I am more prepared.

How my body is reacting: This is going to be really gross, but my bowels have been so consistent. I wonder if meat had me blocked up. Yikes!

What has been my sanctuary: A friend of mine who is a vegetarian told me to make sure that I get my protein. I have been drinking these for protein, and I LOVE them.

Any more tips???

2 comments:

  1. you go girl. I cant give up the meat.. I CANT DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. make sure you eat balanced meals, and remember not because a product is vegetarian means it's better. Most vegetarian products have too many ingredients and most are unnecessary. READ YOUR LABELS & be mindful of the fat, and sodium contents of your meals

    ReplyDelete