Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

10/22/10

Help a child, help me... I wanna go back home :(

In May 2007 I took a trip that changed my life...literally. I traveled to Zambia with a group of students from my school for a mission. When I stepped off the plane onto African soil, my soul rejoiced. I was extremely happy to be in the Motherland and although I wasn't born in Africa, my soul connected with this land. It was long overdue. I danced with strangers who showed me a new style of worship unto the Lord. I ate food I never imagined existed. I fell in love with children who couldn't speak my language, but were fluent in love. Seven months later, I returned. I brought in the new year, 2008 with my new found family. Those were the best moments of my life, period. I have met Oprah, Tyler Perry, Usher, and other celebrities. I have traveled to London, Mexico, and other places. But my time in Zambia will always be the greatest moment of my life. Period.



Since then the school of which the foundation I helped build is up and running. The orphanage is also done. And although things have come together quite nicely, the truth of the matter is the children need sponsors.

Spark Ventures has given me a chance to go back to Zambia, for free!!! However, there is a requirement. I have to find 20 sponsors for the children asap. For $25 a month you are securing schooling and hot meals for a vulnerable child in Zambia. Most of these children I've had the pleasure to meet and trust me you will be investing in the lives of future presidents, doctors, politicians, etc.

You can go on Spark Ventures to find out more details and sponsor a child today! Make sure to tell them that you heard about this wonderful opportunity through Tanikia Thompson.

One more thing: While in a church service in Zambia, something wonderful happened that truly touched my heart. During offering time I witnessed one of the orphans go to the offering plate and give money. I thought to myself, how is it that an orphan who doesn't have anything to give is able to give all that he had? Even as I write this I am reminded of how blessed I am, and how I should be content with what I have, and give freely. If he is able to give, then surely we are. $25 a month is not much. Sacrifice Starbucks, M.A.C. lipgloss, going out to dinner, etc.

Come on guys, help the children and help me... let's do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment