Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

9/30/10

Flashback Friday: "The Makings of You"



My family and close friends can tell you that I absolutely LOVE The Color Purple. It is my favorite movie of all time. Claudine most definitely falls right after The Color Purple. I have always felt like I should have lived in the 1960's, so I enjoy the time it was filmed in. I am also a hopeless romantic, especially for Black couples. Their story isn't perfect, but they make it work. There's even a scene where they go off in the welfare office!

I first heard "The Makings of You", while watching Claudine. I believe that it is the most beautiful love song I've ever heard. Listen to the lyrics. This will definitely be played at my wedding. They don't make pure love songs like this anymore. Ahhhhhhh....you better sang Gladys!

No comments:

Post a Comment