Διατηρεί την πίστη...

I know you can.

7/29/10

City Girl: Meet Tiffiny

I had the pleasure of working with this sweet mysterious soul as a makeup artist for M.A.C. Cosmetics. Tiffiny is one of the most invincible people I know. In this interview she shares why she went natural and how she overcame cancer. Thanks Tiff for sharing your story!

Where are you from? Where were you born? What ethnicity are you?

I'm from Gary, Indiana and I am African-American.

How would you describe your style?

"Bohemian-Chic". My style is like my personality--eclectic.

What made you go natural?

In January 2004, I just had a relaxer touch-up and was mortified at the sight of my shoulder length "see through" hair. (You know, hair that's so thin that you can see through it.) I haven't had a relaxer since, and never will again.

In January 2008 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to have chemotherapy, which I knew would eventually take all of my hair. As it slowly started falling out in clumps I just decided to have the rest shaved. I was eventually completely bald. Luckily, I had a " nice shaped head," so I rocked the bald head sometimes with really big earrings, in addition to wearing scarves, hats, and wigs. This experience actually increased my self-esteem because for the first time in my life, my identity wasn't wrapped up in my hair.







I have learned to really live, instead of merely existing. My plans are to do what inspires me and feeds my spirit and soul.


It has been two years since Tiffiny beat cancer. Her hair has sprouted some:


Words of wisdom from Tiffiny:


Life is really short. Live.


2 comments:

  1. Bless her! Stay strong, Tiffiny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your hair suits u xx


    MY FASHION BLOG FOLLOW ME

    www.haideeandco.blogspot.com
    www.haideeandco.blogspot.com
    www.haideeandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete